Saturday, September 1, 2012

The beginning of a long journey

I have successfully arrived in Geneva. After only one delay, we made it through Newark and met up with the rest of our companions at our destination. For us it was 1:30 am, but in Geneva it was mid-morning and a bus was waiting to take us on a tour of the city. Stifling yawns, we boarded and put our best game faces on. Perhaps it was the rain. Perhaps it was the mixture of old archetecture combined with the new. Perhaps it was just all the scaffolding. But my first look at Geneva reminded me of England.

We made it through the morning seeing churches, beautiful city streets, statues, and a woman carrying an owl. We lunched by a vineyard out in the country. After lunch we drove to our overnight housing (passing CERN), a place not far from the UN headquarters, since at that point we were to tired to attempt anything else. So here I am, after being up for the past 30+ hours, writing this blog since sleeping before dinner will just make my adjustment to the new timing that much harder. Given my current state I doubt this blog entertaining or interesting. But I thought everyone would want to know that I made it. (This keyboard that I am using has the z where the y should be to make room for funny French accents and things. It is driving me crayz. Never knew how much french the good people of Geneva used, perhaps I should have learned to say more than Merci and Bonjour during my three years learning the language.)

till next time.
-JT
 Pictures are of us at MSP airport, and of Captain Solo in front of the New York skyline and in front of mountains surronding Geneva. Hope there is enough detail to highlight that.

No comments:

Post a Comment